Everyone wants to be healthy. You probably are struggling to get into a lifestyle that can help you maintain a healthy body.
The search is constant, and you have to make sure that whatever healthy routine you adopt must be something sustainable and manageable.
While there are a lot of tools you can use that promotes bodily health, there are only a few of them that are convenient to use or can be quickly applied.
One of these is the Gua Sha massaging tool.
What is Gua Sha Tool?
East Asian medicine has been using Gua Sha tool as a massaging material to treat muscles tension, and pain.
The therapy involves a regular massage but with the use of Gua Sha to scrap in the skin and apply pressure to it.
Gua Sha is a Chinese word that means scraping or spooning.
Thus, the form of the material is like a scrapper that one can easily hold and scrap over the skin. It is a hand-held tool that has round edges.
The use of Gua Sha tool will allow the massage therapist to apply more pressure, unlike when they use their hard, which requires more strength.
Benefits of Facial Gua Sha
Gua Sha is not only for body massage, but facial massage as well, which you can do on your own or with the help of a therapist.
Massaging your face with Gua Sha tool may stimulate the skin which supports the production of collagen and elastin.
It manipulates areas with tension that provides a relaxing effect on the facial muscles.
Consistent use of Gua Sha tool will increase the circulation of the blood and release congestion and toxic. It can be beneficial if you have sore eyes.
Moreover, Gua Sha is useful in promoting health in the skin as the circulation and blood flow increases.
As a result, you will have younger-looking and smooth skin, free from wrinkles. You can also expect your skin to be hydrated.
Using Facial Gua Sha
Here are a few steps in using Gua Sha tool for facial massage:
1. Wash face and pat to dry, then apply facial oil or moisturizer.
2. Start the session in the middle of the eyebrow and stroke a curve up to the hairline three times. Do this on both sides.
3. Sweep from the center of your lower forehead and above the eyebrows going out to your temple.
4. Scrap the curve between the lower eyebrows and above the eyes lightly, staying in the bone line. Do this once in both sides.
5. Sweep the corner of both eyes once.
6. Gently stroke the area under your eyes, starting from the side of your nose then up towards the temple. Do this on both eyes once.
7. Sweep both sides of your nose once, starting from the center of your eyebrows down to the tip of your nose.
8. Do a sweeping motion to both sides of the cheeks once, starting from the side of the nose, across the cheekbone then towards the ears.
9. Perform a curve sweep from the side of the nose, under the cheekbone then towards the ear. Switch to the other side.
10. Position the tool in the center above your upper mouth, under the nostrils to the cheek. Turn to the opposite side.
11. Sweep your chin once, from the middle of the face under the lower lip towards the earlobe. Do the same to the opposite side.
12. Under your chin, do a light sweep from the center below the chin and sweep curve towards the ear. Turn to the opposite side.
13. Lastly, scrap the soft area of your chin and sweep it towards the ears once on both sides.
The use of Gua Sha tool is never complicated.
You just have to do the usual massage technique.
And since it provides you amazing benefits, it will never be a waste to own one for yourself.
Never miss the chance to get these advantages and get that Gua Sha tool.
Get it from Sidra!